Yesterday I wrote in the instructions that the Paris page was due at the end of the period. I made a change to that after gauging the progress of the class. Most of you are just about finished but needed a little bit more time to polish things up.
You have until the end of the period TODAY to finish your Paris page and TURN IN your checklist.
Also, of importance, I made one more change to the instructions at the end of class yesterday. The event and activity descriptions do not need to be in your own words. In the interest of saving some time to begin our larger project, you can copy and paste the Travelocity event/activity descriptions directly to your page.
If you finish early and are able to turn in your checklist BEFORE the end of the period, please get a pair of headphones and log into your EverFi Future Smart class.
Yesterday I gave you a checklist for your Paris, France vacation page. I will have someone help pass those back out to you today.
1. Complete the remainder of your Paris, France page by the end of the period. Here is a PDF copy of the checklist.
-Remember, the summaries for the activities and events need to be in your own words! Do not copy and paste them.
2. Once you have finished your Paris page and your checklist is complete, turn it in to Mr. Griswold!
3. If there is class time remaining, sign into Future Smart (get headphones).
Bad Summary versus Good Summary
1. Please sign into your weebly account.
2. Then, in a second tab (click the little plus sign in the upper right-hand corner of your browser) visit Travelocity.com.
I will share my screen with you in a few moments and we will all go step-by-step today learning how to use travel sites to research travel.
Good afternoon everyone!
I'm excited to help you get set up with Weebly today so that you can start to create your Travel Agency Project. For those of you who don't know what a travel agency is, it's a company that makes the necessary arrangements for travelers, especially the booking of airline tickets and hotel rooms.
Travelocity and Expedia are both examples of travel agencies. However, most people only use website like those two for finding cheap flights and hotels.
A true travel agency does much more than that. They often put together whole "vacation packages" you can purchase where everything is bundled together for you. For one bargain price a travel agency can sell you a flight, a hotel room, a bunch of tickets to fun sight-seeing activities, and even include the price of dining at restaurants. The reason Travel Agencies can offer low prices on all of these things is because they negotiate directly with the sellers of things like hotel rooms to buy in bulk for cheaper.
Liberty Travel is a great example of a real Travel Agency. On their homepage (below) you can see they sell vacations, cruises, flights, hotels, guided tours, and more!
Please visit the Liberty Travel website by clicking HERE. Then come back to this page, and in the comments box, I would like you to do/write the following (20 points):
1. On the Liberty Vacations page, Click "Vacations" and find a vacation package to a destination you would love to visit for the FIRST time. In the comments box, write down the name of the location you chose (the city).
2. Find out and write down what is included with the vacation (how many nights, the name of the hotel, and any other features).
3. Write down how much this vacation package costs and how many adults it includes (is it a vacation for one person? two people? If it doesn't say, then it is for one person).
4. Submit your comment.
After most of you have submitted I will share my screen to start the setup of your weebly account. While you are waiting for me to do that, please open your "Dear Mr. Griswold Letter" and finish writing it. Remember that that was a 50 point assignment.
This is the Digital Citizenship Assignment blog. Every day/week you will find key information and reminders about classroom assignments on these blog entries. I will do my absolute best to keep this updated and relevant. You will visit the assignment blog every day the minute you get seated and begin reading about your assignment for the day.
Today is the first day of class and we will be going over the basic layout of Weebly (the web program we will be using to publish on the internet), and how to begin working on your website. We will start with themes, fonts, photos, and initial publishing. Before we get to any of that though, please do the assignment below.
1. Please respond to the following question (using the comments field) in a way that shows your critical thinking skills and thoughtfulness (1-2 paragraphs: 20 points).
What is the internet? What is it for?