Today I want to talk about Copyright. If you use someone else's words, images, or videos on your website blog, you might be breaking the law. You last thing I want for you is a "Cease and Desist" letter in the mail from a lawyer about copyrighted work on your website. However, there are times when it is perfectly okay to use someone else's words on your blog.
By then end of today you should be able to answer the following two questions:
1. What is "Fair Use? and what is "Copyright?"
2. What do you need to make sure you do if you are using the words, images, or videos of other people on your blog?
Before you answer those two questions though, I want you to gain some knowledge. See below.
1. Watch This to Learn about Copyright and pay particular attention to the Fair Use section. Click the link below. The video cannot be embedded so you will have to watch this one on youtube.
2. Now, check this video out. The person who made this did not get permission to use the Disney clips. Shouldn't he get in trouble for it? Don't those clips belong to Disney under copyright law?
3. Before answering the question below, check out this information page about fair use.
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy